The Rakiura Challenge organising committee is made up of experience event organisers, but they also rely on additional support from volunteers/marshals in the lead up to the event, and on race day.
Volunteers undertake the following duties:
• registering runners, checking compulsory gear
• filling race packs
• setting up and dismantling start/finish areas
• manning checkpoints around the Rakiura Track – current first aid certificate required
• helping with checkpoints around the township (traffic management)
• setting up and dismantling Race HQ, volunteer centre and community centre
If selected, Race Organisers cover the costs of the volunteer programme which includes travel to and from Stewart Island, accommodation and food. If you enjoy working on events, the company of others and being part of Stewart Island’s biggest event the Rakiura Challenge, then please fill out the contact information below.